Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Self Evaluation of my academic year (2009)

Anthropology, is a career that lasts 5 years, but the first 4 are the more difficult, because the last years have only 1 or 2 subjects, for prepare the thesis. So, I think that the 4th year, is the last, in theory. Furthermore, in the end of the eighth semester, you get the undergraduate degree. For this, I think that do an evaluate of the career, and this year, is so pertinent
So, if we consider that this is my last year in the university and that next year I only must go to class for the thesis, is relevant that I make an evaluation of this academic year because this is the last in formation and I stay more close of the work world.
I understand that third year was the most important for my formation, because I think that that year I learned more, and most important things. But, I think that this year, I Have acquired the critical knowledge, and this is very important in a career as Anthropology.
When I came at the University, I thought that 5 years were very long time, and that this time would be very slow. But I was wrong. In this year I think that the career is a short and fast time , and for this, you must take it with responsibility, because when you finish, the most important thing is that you are able to do your work in correct form, and do it understanding the importance of your labor.
In this sense, a most important thing that I did this year was go to field work. I think that is in this opportunity when you can evaluate how you do the work, and how able to do it well you are. In this moment, you could evaluate how you was learn in theory, and methodological terms, and furthermore, how you agree with you real job and, in my case, with your vocation.
I think that University doesn’t prepare for do a good work as archaeologist. The career, the teachers and mentors delivered the tools for you take your own decisions, and it depends to your interest, commitment social and the importance that you think the importance that you consider having your work in your life, and the implications this may have on society.
How this years is which you study this topics, and think that is a more relevant and more reflexive, I think that is one of more important in the career. In my case, I think that this years have been very useful. Despite this, I’m not yet ready for the work, but I ‘m ready for do my best attempts.

2 comments:

Juan Luzzi said...

It's good that you enjoy that kind of films. I used to love them but something happened to the child in me, that's a shame. Now I feel jealous whe I see my elder sister and brother in law having lots of fun with movies like The Lion King.
Now I enjoy comedies from the 50s and 60s.
Corrections:
I like TO go to THE cinema, but I don’t have mUCH time for this. Before, I always wENT to THE cinema with my boyfriend, my dad and my stepmother, but now, they don’t live in Santiago, and I do not do this.
I don’t like TO rent films, because I think that seeING movies in your house is very borING, and I don’t have time TO DO SO. When I’m sad, I see films. Generally, I prefer historic films, and sometimes, lovely (.?) films, but THE LATTER ONLY when I want to spend a light and pleasant time. I ALSO like lovely and funny films, SUCH AS “50 first dates”, with Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore. I have seen This movie 4 times, and I always THINK IT is fun and good.
The last film that I saw in the cinema was Harry Potter 6. I don’t like so much this KIND OF movies, but I read the books, and I went to see the staging of the book. Other films that I HAVE seeN for these reasons are “The Lord of the Rings”. These are better than Harry Potter.
Some of my favorite(/) films are “Finding Nemo” and “Ice Age 1”. These are for childREN, but THEY are very funny and tender films. In the FORMER, my favorite character is Dori, the fish that forgetS all/EVERYTHING! And in the LATTER, I love baby “Bodoque”, and Many, the mommouth. I recommend this film, SPECIALLY TO kids, but IT is always fun for all!
Ice Age is a film about a group of hunters-gatherers of the ice age, 10.000 years ago, that lose a baby. The boy is found BY three animals: a mammouth, a sloth and a smylodon. This particular group OVERCOMEs many obstacles, but while doing this, they meet and form a beautiful friendship. Finally, they fInd THE baby’s parents and must be separated from hIM. IT Is so sad!

Juan Luzzi said...

THIS IS THE RIGHT COMMENT:
In general when people finish university they are not quite ready to start working, but they have the basic skills. We acquire the missing theory and practical knowledge just by doing.

Corrections:
Anthropology is a career that lasts 5 years, but the first 4 are the moST difficult, because the last years have only 1 or 2 subjects, SO THAT YOU prepare the thesis. So, I think that the 4th year, is the last, in theory. Furthermore, in the end of the eighth semester, you get the undergraduate degree. For this REASON, I think that doING an evaluatION of the career, and this year, is so pertinent.
So, if we consider that this is my last year in the university and that next year I only must go to class for the thesis, IT is relevant that I make an evaluation of this academic year because this is the last FORMATIVE ONE and IT BRINGS ME CLOSER TO the work world.
I understand that THE third year was the most important for my formation, because I think that that year I learned more, and THE most important things. But, I think that this year, I Have acquired the critical knowledge, and this is very important in a career as Anthropology.
When I came TO the University, I thought that 5 years wAS A very long time, and that this time would PASS very slowLY. But I was wrong. This year I think that the DURATION FO THE career is a short and fast time , and THAT IS WHY, you must take it with responsibility, because when you finish, the most important thing is that you are able to do your work in THE correct/RIGHT WAY, and do it understanding the importance of your labor.
In this sense, a most important thing that I did this year was go to field work. I think that IT is in this opportunity when you can evaluate how WELL you do YOUR work, and how able to do it well you are. AT thAT moment, you could evaluate how MUCH you HAD learnT,in theorETICAL and methodological terms, and furthermore, how you agree/MATCHED with you real job and, in my case, with your vocation.
I think that THE University doesn’t prepare YOU for doING a good work as AN archaeologist. The career, the teachers and mentors GIVE YOU the tools for you TO take your own decisions, and it depends ON your interest, YOUR social commitment and ON HOW IMPORTANT YOU consider your work in your life, and the implications this may have on society.
[How thESE years is which you study thESE topics, and think that is a more relevant and more reflexive, I think that is one of more important in the career= NOT CLEAR]. In my case, I think that thESE years have been very useful. Despite this, I’m not yet ready for the work, but I ‘m ready for doING my best attempts.